A. Here is a general process that becomes efficient with 2-3 workers:
- Move furniture
- Dust mop floor and scrape stickers, gum, etc. Place wet floor signs and secure area.
- Apply suggested stripper (mixed according to label) with wet mop, flat mop or special applicator and allow sufficient contact time. Pre-plan a pattern that starts away from the water source and only apply to an area that will not dry before scrubbing and picking up solution. This would normally cover 400 square feet or 20 min. ahead of the autoscrub operation. To avoid falls, do not initially walk on the wet stripper.
- With strip pads under autoscrubber, and starting on dry floor, make a slow pass along the edges with squeegee up. Next, scrub the remainder of the area.
- Hand scrape and/or doodlebug edges and doorways
- Squeegee edges and doorways with 24” or 36” foam squeegee.
- Lower autoscrubber squeegee and make pick up pass, applying water solution thru dispensing system to any dry areas.
- Thoroughly rinse with wet mop (1-2 times).
- Make certain the auto scrubber is thoroughly cleaned after using it for stripping or pickup tanks, hoses, and squeegees will become encrusted with dried slurry. This includes the undercarriage of the machine as most stripping solutions will over time damage the metal parts. Some people prefer not to use an autoscrubber for stripping for this reason; others may set aside one machine specifically for this use. Check out our new Floor Care Training Manual.
How to become a floor care expert Learn More...