Cleaning Management Software
State of the art cleaning software for:
•Accurate custodial budgets
•Equitable cleaning schedules
•Precise labor estimates for all tasks
•Tracking accountability for manpower, equipment, employee training, chemical usage and costs and quality inspections
•PDA building inspections
•Accurate time standards using nationally accepted norms.Choose from 36 room types and 450 cleaning tasks compiled from APPA’s five levels of cleaning.(Used with permission from APPA, The Association of Higher Educational Facilities Officers and Jack Dudley author, Custodial Staffing Guidelines.Permission does not imply endorsement)
•Time standards compiled for 15,000 rooms by 400
•participants over a three-year period.
•Review labor costs for various cleaning standards and budgets comparing production times from Level 1 – Orderly spotlessness through Level 5 – unkempt neglect Project “what if” scenarios.
Utilize ISSA’s 447 cleaning times (used with permission). Select various sizes of equipment and compare labor savings. Enter individual cleaning tasks to personalize the needs of each building.
Now you can use the ultimate workloading software that calculates to the minute every cleaning task required in your building.
There is a new contractor edition of Cleaning Management Software that has just been released. It is called Informed CMS Lite for 2010. In these economically hard times cleaning contractors need to know the bottom-line, without guesswork and without one-size-fits-all spreadsheet programs.
This new package is the premier quick labor estimation and analysis tool on the market today. Derived from our years of experience with professional-grade work loading software, it allows you to automatically build a facility model in about the time it takes to read this paragraph. Make intelligent decisions based on rigorous math rather than guesswork – yet it’s easy to learn and use.
INFORMED CMS Lite also contains a full complement of other quick calculators and estimation tools for determining the time and costs to clean using different equipment and processes.
For example, quickly compare the time and costs of vacuuming with an upright to that of vacuuming with a back-pack vacuum. And, instantly determine the amount of cleaning supplies needed given any dilution ratio, frequency of cleaning and area size cleaned.
Contact us for a free on-line demo today.
CMS goes beyond job bidding and estimating and allows you to manage every aspect of your cleaning business. It is the most powerful cleaning management software in the industry.
Here are just a few of the many features in the software:
Job Bid Wizard: Quickly define your job criteria. The software will then create a detailed job bid that provides much more than just price. It will calculate, labor cost, cleaning times and frequencies.
Analysis wizard: Holds any number of customers and facilities of any size. Allows separate calculation of time and costs based on any combination of three routine work shift frequencies as well as project work.
Equipment calculators: Contains a library of machines allowing you to compare any two machines, or a machine to published ISSA times.
Supply usage calculators: Supply usage calculators contain a library of materials and allow comparing any cleaning material to another.
Upgrade easily: When you want to add new buildings, simply purchase additional square feet to be added to your Cleaning Managment Software.
All ISSA Cleaning Tasks: All 447 ISSA Cleaning Tasks are already built into the software and are ready to use out of the box. This is not just a static list of ISSA tasks, they are built into dynamic time calculators. You can use them “as is” or as benchmarks for your own tasks. You can also duplicate any task and then edit the task to match your existing operation or you can create your own tasks from scratch.
INFORMED Cleaning Management Software
What does Cleaning Management Software do for you?
Educational Institutions may use The Association of Higher Educational Facilities Officers (APPA) area types, which are published in their Custodial Staffing Guidelines For Educational Facilities (second edition). The first edition of that book contained only 10 defined types, and the authors concluded that these types would cover 80-90% of all cleaning done in educational facilities. The second edition expanded the list to include 33 types.
We also have professionally developed sets of area types and tasks for Healthcare, Nursing Home and Commercial/Office Buildings. With CMS, you must compile your space inventory of buildings, floors and rooms separately in any way you find convenient. Then, total your areas by type and create one area, or “room” in CMS for each one.
You can then use the General 5 Levels of Clean reports to see the number of people your institution requires, per the standards, to reach each of the five levels of cleanliness. The next thing you can do is to set the frequencies for each task to reflect your actual operations.
CMS then will provide you with a wealth of information. From a labor perspective, there are three absolutely crucial pieces of information you can glean from the reports and analysis built into CMS:
1. You can determine how many people are needed per the “standards” to clean your facility at your actual task frequencies. This gives you some idea of your production efficiencies compared to nationally recognized “norms”.
2. You can see how clean your facility should be within the five levels, assuming your staffing level matches the predictions.
3. Or, you can see how clean your facility should be within the five levels given your cleaning frequencies regardless of your actual staffing level, given that your tasks are done at the frequencies you indicate. The last two points show that there are different ways of looking at any work-loading estimates. The first way assumes the task times are accurate and adjusts your productivity settings (the percentage of the workday actually devoted to cleaning) until the predicted number of people match your actual number of people.
There are many ramifications to this, as you may imagine. The second way to look at this is to assume that your people are productive, but due to your unique conditions the task times aren’t valid. Perhaps, for example, your buildings are very heavily used, or cluttered. In that case, CMS allows you to adjust productivity to account for these factors and you still get a relative measure of the effects of changing task frequencies, using different equipment, or changing any of the other assumptions. Productivity adjustments are available by using the exclusive National Pro Clean difficulty adjustments. These are accessed on the Add/Edit Building window.
There is much more you can do with CMS once you’ve done this basic setup.
1. Customize For Your Operations - CMS ships with all 3600 tasks INFORMED has researched and classified to date. These tasks are conveniently organized into groups by facility type, and then categorized by space type. We also include the 447 Cleaning Tasks published by ISSA (and used by permission). You are free to “perfect” any of these types by deleting or changing tasks you don’t do, adding any of the ISSA tasks, or adding any custom task you care to define.
2. Output The Analysis - Labor estimate reports and graphs are available with many sorting options, so you can see where your biggest budgetary concerns lie. You can see how your labor costs are distributed by area type or floor type, for example. Gauge the cost of an individual task, and the total time devoted to it, or get the big picture in summary reports. All reports can be output to Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel if you own Access 2007.
3. Optimize Your Operations - Use the powerful EZ and Advanced Setup Windows to create entirely new space types based on any combination of manual and machine labor. Instantly view the effects of frequency and task time changes on your operations.
4. Analyze Your Operations - You may use Scenario Manager to create dozens of different alternative cleaning schedules, or even whole different types, since everything created in Scenario Manager is also open for your adjustment and changes. What’s more, every scenario is automatically set up with your original space inventory, but with two sets of frequency controls so you can do direct, side-by-side comparisons.
5. Analyze Proposals - All the Quick Calculators are available to you. This means you can quickly calculate chemical usage, comparing one program against another-easily adjusting for dilution ratios, differing purchase quantities and all the other details that usually make decisions difficult. With the powerful Equipment Quick Calculators, you can instantly compare labor savings and prepare ROI justification for purchase. We think you’ll soon discover that the Quick Calculators alone are worth a small fortune.
6. Monitor Maintenance - Use the Equipment Library to maintain a database of inventory and repair history, and even set PM reminders. Track and uncover faulty equipment and determine the root cause, whether it be quality defects, misuse, or maintenance deficiencies.
7. Monitor Chemical Usage - Use the Supply Library to maintain a database of chemicals and other items you purchase and even prepare P.O.’s . Associate chemicals with tasks and determine usage rates. This allows you to see if there are underlying problems such as incorrect dilutions, pilferage or simply failure to carry out the tasks. Work assignment creation involves assigning individual areas (or rooms) in order to fairly balance workloads among your employees. This requires the fine division of the labor that only a complete space inventory affords. Inspections too, are done by individual spaces.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page for a free 30-day trial.
Cleaning Management Software
By using INFORMED CMS you will have exact figures for your space inventory. Yes, we know it’s a huge job to count and measure all your rooms, but we can help you with that—either by migrating your existing data from virtually any source or by collecting the data for you. With a detailed space inventory in the database, you can fully utilize the following features:
1. Organize your buildings by sites (Full version only):
Corresponding views and reports let you view labor estimates, audit history, work assignments and just about everything else by site, as well as by buildings, floors and rooms.
2. Get a Grip On Your Facility (Full version only):
Our space inventory management functions allow you to assign rooms to departments, and give them a floor type and HEGIS code as well as store a photo of the room. Our Inspect Contents button for each room lets you instantly view the contents of a room, including any assets you’ve placed there, its auditing history, details of cleaning times, who is cleaning it and at what task frequencies, and detailed reports. On a larger scale, you get reporting breakdowns (detailed and summary) of your space inventory by site, by department, by space type, by floor type, by work assignment and various combinations of these characteristics. Also new, you can select which buildings to include in the reports.
3. Determine daily staffing levels
And total yearly manpower requirements for your facility given your unique set of cleaning tasks and frequencies. The program has adjustment factors you can change for daily productive minutes, or DPM for short—the number of minutes in a day you assume your staff is actually productively working. You can also change your assumptions concerning average annual days worked, and labor costs. Then, instantly see the impact on the time and staffing needs. Productivity in each building can also be tailored individually by factors such as occupant density, clutter, age and many other parameters.
4. Explore Your Options: Get instant feedback
on proposed changes to cleaning tasks and frequencies. Our space category and task setup windows are by far the best in the business. You dynamically view information about a space type along with a list of tasks. Change a frequency and the change in cleanable square feet per hour is instantly updated. Check the actual average room size for each space type, and then adjust the program parameters to reflect reality. Set the correct number of items for item based tasks and hone the precision of your analysis in seconds.
cleaning chemical usage and cost and the impact of changing dilution ratios, task frequencies and processes. Our chemical usage functions are the best in the business. The Quick Comparisons window could be sold as a program on its own,with instant calculations of product usage based on square feet or items cleaned and tailored by dilution ratios or mixtures.
6. Create Balanced Work Assignments(Full version only):
Utilize the Work Assignments module to quickly construct cleaning routes that are fairly balanced and executable within your daily productive minutes constraint. You can create routine cleaning routes for any of the three shifts calculated in the program. Project work assignments, such as Strip Floor, can also be made with an instant read-out of the time required as you add rooms and tasks to the assignments. Since all times are based on nationally accepted standards and each assignment is based on the same standards, it’s a great way to settle arguments—and a great way to deal with Unions!
7. Locate equipment and assets:
Within your facility and keep maintenance records on each piece.This allows you to identify problem equipment and ensure preventative maintenance is performed on schedule. Assets types are built-in and conveniently grouped. For example, when adding assets you can select the Restroom Fixtures group and then pick a type such as toilet from the list. Of course, you can fully customize the groups and types.
8. Inspect and Store Inspection History (Included with Full version at no additional charge):
Our Pocket PC inspection module allows you to save a lot of time keeping track of your work quality. We generate the most sophisticated inspection forms in the business because they are weighted for the amount of time spent on each task type group. Thus, if 90% of time is spent on floors, then the instrument will show that. The time weighting takes into account both the frequency of the tasks and the time to complete them.CMS is a sophisticated and powerful program—it has features layered on features and all the precision you could ask for. Yet, the interface is simple and you can deal with it in a simple way and ignore the things you don’t want or need.
For those of you who want to learn more, and take more time setting it up, we offer the following functions and capabilities:
1. Three-shift Capability plus Project Work:
If you only run one or two shifts, the extra shift or two can be used to run alternatives. With a single mouse click, a shift can be set instantly to be identical to another shift; and then modified to see the effects of changing equipment,frequencies or processes.
2. Storage of Your Actual Frequencies:
After you set your frequencies, you can store them with a mouse click. Then, you may change frequencies to view the effects, but at any time restore your original settings. We call this your “custom” level, and this is in addition to the five built-in cleanliness level frequency settings. Furthermore, you can store these settings independently on any of the three routine shifts.
3. Item versus Area Based Tasks:
Some tasks are area based, such as mopping the floor and some are item based, such as cleaning toilets. Rather than force you to input the number of toilets in each restroom (although you can if you want to), we take a statistical approach. For each space type, the program assumes an average room size and an average number of items for each item-based task. Once you get your space inventory in place, you can view the actual average room size for a space category and then change the assumption made by the program to match it. Finally, you can change the assumption on the number of items that exist, on average, in each average size room. In the end, your precision is near perfect, but your data entry time is cut down considerably.
4. Tasks Composed of Subtasks:
Place tasks under other tasks. This is useful in working with complex processes such as floor stripping where you use a variety of processes and chemicals each step of the way.
5. Task Swap Analysis:
The program will let you select any task or group of tasks and then see what a proposed replacement task will do to your FTE requirements. Print the analysis if you like and use to justify new equipment, or whatever, and then, with a single mouse-click perform the replacement.
6. Complete Rollup:
Every task also has five additional frequency settings that can be modified, but come pre-defined to give you five cleanliness levels. The 5-Levels of Clean reports roll up all the work you do on the three routine shifts plus project work and then compares the time and staffing needs to the 5-levels of cleanliness frequency settings.
Enhancements: We took a look at the whole program with an eye to making it more refined and easier to use. As a result,many small improvements were incorporated throughout the program. These include the ability to manage most lists directly from the window where the list is used. Examples include being able to add a route “on-the-fly” directly from the window where you create work assignments, add equipment action types right from the window where you record them, add employee action types etc.
8. Network Operation:
If you have several people who need to work with the data or just want the security of automatic daily backups—our program can be installed on any 100 MIPS network.
9. Future Upgrades:
For seventeen years now we’ve been increasing the power and flexibility of the program. For the past four years, we’ve operated on a yearly schedule—releasing a major upgrade in January. You can count on us to continue offering you new features and we feel there is plenty of headroom for us to grow. For example, this year you can set the project work completion date and see when the work should be performed next. Next year you’ll have automatic reminders pop up for this and many other things like equipment maintenance. We can’t give away too much here because our competitors read these pages too. But let it suffice to say that our goal in the end is to develop this product into a tool you will want to turn on every morning and keep on through the day. You’ll get work order requests through the network and send commands down to your workers.
We don’t view you as a customer; we view you as a partner.Your feedback on what you need and want takes priority over our own development schedule. If you find you need a report or function we don’t have and the need is critical, we’ll develop the report or function, migrate your data and give you a new build of the software in a matter of days, and usually we do it free of charge.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page for a free 30-day trial.
Unlimited version Cleaning Management Software Free tech support
- Schedule all of your work projects
- Five levels of cleanliness analysis available for any facility type, not just educational
- Analyze, Optimize and Manage multiple buildings and sites
- GPPSync Pocket PC inspection software included in the price
- Pocket PC software provides inspections and also data collection to initially record all room sizes when building software data
- Create multiple databases
- Records personnel and equipment history
- Provides equipment PM reminders
Sign up for more information:
- Customers interested in full version can click below if you’d like to sign up for an on-line demo.
- We will contact you via email to set up a demo and after the demo we can provide you with a evaluation license.
Pricing is based on the amount of square feet that you desire to enter into the program. Please contact us for a free price quote.
Call 719-598-5112 to order today!