Q. How do I compare my performance with other contractors in the business and know I am making progress?
A. You can take our tests and rate yourself. Then, use our Janitorial Success Program to expand your talents.
Contractor Marketing Skills - Rating Scale
Rate each question on a scale of 1-10
discipline and focus -
Sufficient motivation to sacrifice and achieve important goals?
2. Marketing plan, strategy and quotas - Vision statement, target markets,
media plan & weekly quotas established?
3. Aggressive promotion and prospecting - Massive action to get the word
out by following a well planned approach?
4. Networking - Actively working circles of influence, contacts and referrals?
5. Image - Do all public relations contact points favorably impress
prospects including; phone
message, literature, personal appearance, vehicle, etc?
Believability and Credibility - First brain friendly – impressive eye contact, posture, movement, dress, appearance, smile, voice and pleasant humor?
7. Presentation - Presentation book with fliers, case studies and
important industry information
establishing needs for thorough cleaning systems?
8. Quality performance - Demo performed to convey floor or carpet
superiority? Qualified and impressive
references along with customer buildings that can be toured?
9. Bidding accuracy - Bid performance tracked and prior productivity
data collected and analyzed? Working
knowledge of adjusting cleaning variables for each contract?
10. Negotiation and closing skills - Program adjusted to fit customer needs?
Rapport established so negotiation
and closing expertise is effective.
Total Score ______
A perfect score of 100
is unlikely. Individual areas below a seven will need improvement and below five should demand immediate
attention. Re-evaluate your score quarterly. A low score should be quickly addressed by studying and applying the principles
from Janitorial Success Program and Jan Bid Software.